Bestseller ProductsShop more
Why the Use of Lithium Batteries is so Popular?
The Lithium batteries, also known as lithium-ion batteries, are a kind of accumulator. The Lithium-ion batteries have higher efficiency, smaller size, less weight than the conventional Lead acid battery. Lithium is the lightest metal so it is a good element for energy storage, it is listed as No.3 on the periodic table of elements.
Because of this feature, they are used as rechargeable batteries in numerous high-end electronic equipment. Lithium batteries in Melbourne have many advantages over other batteries, let us find out all about them here.
Types of Lithium batteries:
There are several types of lithium batteries that offer the same electrical properties, but they differ from each other by their implementation and material.
To separate by implementation:
- Cylindrical: Small cells to be used on light applications.
- Prismatic: Large cells to be used on big projects and heavy duty.
- Polymer: Soft cells can be fit into the special designed device.
To separate by material:
- Active material: Lithium Iron Phosphate (LFP), Lithium cobalt Oxide (LCO), Lithium Manganese Oxide (LMO), Lithium Nickel Cobalt Aluminium Oxide (NCA), Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide (NMC).
- Electrolyte type: Liquid electrolytes (conventional LIB), Solid or polymer electrolytes. (LiPo)
Advantages of a Lithium battery:
- Size and weight – Compared to other type of conventional battery such as Lead acid battery; the lithium batteries are very light. And its size is much smaller than Lead acid battery, which makes the lithium battery can be used some device with limited space.
- Energy storage and power rate – Lithium batteries have excellent energy density and power rate among most of batteries.
- Durability – Compared to other types of battery, the lithium batteries have lower degrading rate due to its high number of cycles (2000 vs 500)
- Performance – They provide high performance to the devices, the voltage is quite stable during discharge, the discharge curve is a more even than the others. And they do not suffer from the memory effect that corresponds to a reduction in the progressive charge capacity of the batteries when recharged without being completely discharged.
Applications of Lithium batteries:
- Portable device: Smart phones, Laptop, Power tools, etc.
- Electric mobile: Golf Buggy, Scooter, Wheelchair, Forklift, etc.
- Electric or Hybrid cars using Lithium ion batteries.
- Energy Storage: Residential & Commercial Energy Storage application such as Solar system, regional area application etc.
- Backup power: Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS), Telecommunication base station, Mobile power supply vehicle, Emergency light, etc
At Battery Guru, we offer a wide range of lithium batteries in Melbourne so that you can fulfil all your power requirements. So, if you are planning to buy a lithium battery online, get in touch with us and find the ideal battery source as per your everyday need.